All dental practices in the UAE specially in Dubai understand the importance of dental patient marketing. It brings in new patients, and it can even help to strengthen ties with existing patients. Digital Marketing is essential if you want your practice to thrive and grow.
The average solo dental practice needs more than 20-30 new patients per month (at a minimum) in order to grow and succeed.
Here’s the problem: traditional dental marketing practices in the UAE specially in Dubai due to multicultural expats aren’t going to cut it anymore. Back in 2018, 97 percent of consumers go online to find local services, 73 percent use online search engines to research dental treatments, and the first step 72 percent of patients take when searching for a new doctor or dentist is looking up online reviews.
Welcome to the age of digital dental marketing!!
Yes, since most traditional dental marketing strategies won’t work anymore, you need new dental marketing ideas that works for dental patients in the UAE. The good news? We cracked the code for you on what it takes to get more patients online.
Need more help executing your dental marketing strategy? We got you. Contact us here»
Below you’ll find the best dental marketing ideas that have been proven to snag you more new patients. You should walk away with a clear understanding of how the modern online patient behaves and what they want when seeking a new dentist, as well as concrete ideas you can implement right away.
1. Doctor Up Your Website
Your website is frequently the first interaction a patient has with your practice and dental patients in the UAE you based on how it looks and functions. In fact, 48 percent of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business, and once they click on a Display Ad to your page loads, users form an opinion in .05 seconds to stay or leave.
In order for your website to attract more new patients:
- You need to make it fast – Patients need to see something happen on your website within three seconds of landing there. If it takes longer, almost 50 percent will hit the “back” button.
- You need to secure it – This is a no-brainer for dental care (and healthcare in general), but if for some reason your website isn’t secure, you’ve got a problem.
- You need to make it mobile-friendly – 62 percent of smartphone owners use their device to look up health information, and 82 percent of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local treatment center or health facility. Not only that, but according to Google, 77 percent of smartphone owners have used their smartphones to find local health services in the past six months, and 79 percent of them say they’re more likely to revisit and/or share a mobile site if it is easy to use.
- You need to code it for SEO – The best dental websites are coded in a way that makes it easy for the search engines’ software to find, crawl, and index them
2. Use Content Marketing to Offer Value
Patients are searching for the answers to everything, from how often they need to brush to what kind of toothbrush they should use—searches for “best toothbrush” have grown more than 100 percent in the past two years, and more and more patients are turning to search engines to solve their health queries. You need to have content served as Native Ads that catches these curious patients. Starving for dental blog topics?
Here are a few ideas to increase website traffic that could turn into new patients:
- Correct a wrong assumption – When asked about the biggest barriers to going to the dentist, 40 percent of paradontax survey participants said that because they weren’t in pain, they didn’t need to go see a dentist. This is one statistic you could turn into a host of blog posts.
- Take on a trend – Assume that someone has a number of events coming up, which means his or her smile is on mind. In the interest of “natural” whitening, they may Google activated charcoal as a whitener. Apparently, since activated charcoal is a HUGE topic of debate—they must have read six different blog posts about it on various dental websites. They are not alone in how much research they do into beauty trends, so take them on and share your expertise.
- Help to create healthy habits – Healthy living is in, so take advantage of it. People are always looking for easy ways to be healthy, and brushing and flossing are about as easy as it gets. Create blog posts around creating not just a healthy mouth, but a healthy body.
3. Build a Community on Social Media
Create shareable images and post on social media, social media Ads gives your practice another excellent way to reach out to potential patients and build or strengthen relationships. This goes for existing patients, too. Now, when someone follows you on social media, they won’t only be hearing from you once every six months—they’ll have a constant source of communication with you year-round.
What do I mean by sharable? People share things to get the word out about causes or brands Here are a few ideas for social media dental posts:
- Remind them about the dental benefits they’re paying for but not using – More than 25 percent of people with dental insurance don’t take full advantage of their benefits. Tie it back to being money-savvy and taking advantage of the things consumers have already purchased.
- Create simple infographics – Infographics are great because they’re easy to read, enjoyable, and can sway potential patients. You can create simple, easy ones for free.
- Create videos highlighting patients and the work you do – People want a dentist they can trust, and testimonials and reviews from other people will put their mind at ease.
- Show before and afters – People always want to look like an “after,” and seeing someone with a “before” smile that looked like theirs does now could be the swift kick in the rear they need to go after that “after” for themselves.
4. Create Dental Videos and Invest in Video Marketing
If you look at those top dental social media marketing profiles like the one I shared above, you’ll notice they all incorporate one extremely valuable type of media: videos. Audiences like video Ads. They like them so much that a video is 50 times more likely to rank organically in the search results than text pages, and in 2019, videos will accounted 85 percent of online traffic in the US. You are in a prime industry to use video because practically everything you do has a visual element to it. Creating one-hour crowns with state of the art 3-D technology? Take a time-lapse of it. Do you have patients that love your work? Get them on camera for a testimonial.
Here are a few videos your dental office should leverage:
- Website welcome videos: Nobody wants to go to a shady dentist’s office, so create a video to welcome them and introduce your facility beforehand event if it’s located in amazing luxuries places in Dubai . Dental clinics should has a great welcome video that speaks to the human side and creates empathy, two incredibly important aspects.
- Physician profile videos: Having profile videos is a great way to increase confidence and trust in your dentists and dental hygienists.
- Patient review videos: In the past two years, videos with the word “review” in the title had more than 50,000 years’ worth of watch time on mobile alone. By having testimonials and reviews from previous patients, you not only build confidence in your abilities, but you also build a patient’s trust in your staff.
- Procedure and treatment overviews: If you perform dental surgeries, create videos of the procedure overview and the after-effects.
- Educational videos on commonly asked questions or dental conditions: “Should I use activated charcoal to whiten my teeth?” “How long does Invisalign take?” “How do I know if I have a cavity?” These types of questions are ones that can be easily answered in the form of videos. Building out your YouTube page with these types of videos will not only make you the go-to authority but also clear up any confusion about your services.
5. Ask Dental Patients for Reviews. Then Ask for More 🙂
You need reviews, and you need them consistently. The first step 72 percent of patients take when searching for a new doctor is looking up reviews. Not only that, but 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends or relatives. As if that’s not evidence enough, 48 percent of patients would go out of their insurance network for a doctor with great reviews on Google.
There are a few ways you can get reviews from patients here are a few ways you can try:
- Have them give a quick video testimonial after an appointment
- Ask them after they get invisalign or holy-wood smile
- Ask them while they’re on laughing gas (I jest, you probably shouldn’t do this)
- Ask them on Facebook comment
- Ask them via email
- In short, ask for them all the time
- Sign up for a review aggregation software like Review Us Now
6. Use Email Marketing to Stay Top-of-Mind with Patients
Chances are you use dental marketing postcards. While you shouldn’t nix these, you should consider adding a corresponding email element. Checking email is the very first thing 66 percent of people do after they wake up. Greet them by reminding them of upcoming appointments, tips to keep their teeth white and healthy, and motivation to keep up with their dental health. Over 90 percent of adults want better email communication from their doctor, and a dentist is no different.
There are a few types of emails your dental practice should definitely be taking advantage of:
- Appointment reminders
- “It’s Time For…” reminders that inform patients when they are due for a cleaning or x-rays
- Request a friend referral
- Latest dental news and expert commentary
- Announcements about the latest technology in your office and how it helps
- Seasonal beverage tip sheets on how to avoid teeth stains
- Dental health product reviews
7. Use location based “Geo-Fencing” programmatic ads
For Local Marketers, programmatic advertising can leverage a unique tool called Geo-Fencing. This tool allows you to target receptive audiences that are in a certain proximity to the products and services you want them to engage with. It can also drive targeted audiences away from competitor locations and can allow for a competitive advantage in local markets.
How Geo-Fencing works? A Geo-Fence is essentially a virtual perimeter that you can draw around any location on a map, and then target customers that enter that location. The phone or your app on your mobile device is monitoring for that Geo-Fence and tracking that location in the background. You know immediately when someone breaches a fence, when they dwell there, or as they are about to leave.
From the insights and data acquired by a user clicking on the ad that is served within the Geo-Fence, we can then use a feature called retargeting to continue to display our ads once that user has left the Geo-Fence, reinforcing the brand message and keeping it top of mind for those who have expressed initial interest.
Pretty cool, right? Want to know more about Geo-Fencing! We got you. Contact us here»
Dental Patient Marketing
There are a lot of different ways to do dental patient marketing and these seven are all effective. Your best bet will always be asking us to check out what your competition is doing, and to see what you can offer that’s unique and different. Put your knowledge of your patients first, and use that information to connect with them on the programmatic platform it’s on, target keywords you think they’d be searching for, and videos you think they’d like to watch.
Use a combination of different media strategies that works best for your practice and the patients you want to attract, and you’ll start seeing an increase in appointments before you know it.
Need a little help creating a comprehensive media plan or advertising campaign for your dental patient marketing? We’ve got the capabilities and the enthusiasm to help you. Contact us to learn more.
Tell us about what do you think? Do you use any of these dental patient marketing methods to attract new patients? Which have worked best for you? Let’s Talk and Share your thoughts and questions!
FREE analytics of your competitor
We are specialists in programmatic display, let’s discuss what is the best display advertising strategy bring value to your business and show up your Ad
Check our latest Case Studies
We are happy to introduce you our recent campaigns
find your perfect audience
Reach them across display, mobile video social media and dynamic retargeting
Premium Ad inventory marketplaces
Stay up to date about the latest happening in the digital marketing
Our Professional Marketeers Community
Subscribe now and receive the latest new from us!